Profile of skills and competences
A bricklayer who has finished an apprenticeship and is thus the holder of a journeyman’s certificate is able to:
- Plan, execute and perform quality control of all work processes within the bricklaying trade, including building, pointing, plastering techniques, flooring and tiling work, roofing as well as façade cladding
- Execute the work in accordance with the regulations, standards and traditions of the trade
- Communicate and cooperate on building projects with customers, construction management and colleagues within his own trade as well as with colleagues from other trades and professions
- Have an understanding of the preparation of technical drawings and use of IT for planning and information
- Recognise and name various styles within architecture and design and is aware of the aesthetic qualities of brick constructions
- Perform information searches on legal requirements, products, work processes, impacts and regulations of the trade and the construction industry
- Account for the importance of social, financial and political powers for the current social development and the development in the companies, including the environmental consequences
- Account for the structure of the labour market, its collective agreement conditions and the system pertaining to labour legislation
- Account for what it means to be part of the health and safety organisation on the building site and in the company.
- Work with innovative processes and demonstrate knowledge of entrepreneurship
Range of occupations accessible to a holder of the journeyman’s certificate
The qualified bricklayer is typically employed within the building and construction area.
Level of certificate
The training programme is a vocational education programme which is placed in:
- The Danish Qualification Framework for life-long learning at level: 4
- European Qualification Framework (EQF) at level: 4
The total duration of the education and training programme is from 3 years and 11 months to 4 years and 5 months - depending on when the apprentice starts.
AP Graduate in Construction Technology, Bachelor of Architectural Technology and Construction, Constructor. If a person has completed a EUX as superstructure in connection with the apprenticeship, he or she also has access to an engineering and architectural education. The person is also entitled to secondary supplementary courses necessary to gain access to other, specific higher education.