Profile of skills and competences
The qualified person is a specialist in laying flooring and executing floor surfacing in many different materials, including the correct underlay.
Surfacing in wet rooms and bathrooms is a particular specialisation which the flooring fitter will gain thorough knowledge of during his or her training.
A floor layer who has finished an apprenticeship and is thus the holder of a journeyman’s certificate is able to
- Plan and execute tasks common to the trade field in the expected quality and pursuant to laws, regulations and traditions
- Participate in the planning and execution of special tasks in the trade field including innovative and problem-solving work
- Perform information search, selection and advice on materials, construction and fitting methods
- Perform quality assurance and quality control
- Plan, organise and execute tasks in cooperation with the other trade groups at the workplace
- Apply laws and regulations regarding construction, fire protection, health and safety at work, competitive bidding and tendering
- Plan and perform tasks in consideration of the local and global environment
Range of occupations accessible to the holder of the certificate
The qualified floor layer lays surfacing, e.g. textile surfacing, linoleum, vinyl or wood flooring as well as certain floor and wall covering in wet rooms (bathrooms, etc.).
The floor layer gives the room the finishing touch with skirting boards and beading and can also execute ornamentation with patterns, edges and decorations in various materials.
Floor layers are typically working at new constructions. They also do for renovation work.
Level of certificate
The training programme is a vocational education programme which is placed in:
The Danish qualification framework for life-long learning at level: 4
European Qualification Framework (EQF) at level: 4
The education takes from 4 years to 4 years and 6 months depending on the start date.
AP Graduate in Construction Technology, Bachelor of Architectural Technology and Construction, Constructor. If a person has completed an EUX as superstructure in connection with the apprenticeship, he or she has access to engineering and architectural educations. The person is also entitled to secondary supplementary courses necessary to gain access to other, specific higher education.