Profile of skills and competences
A stonemason who has finished an apprenticeship and is thus the holder of a journeyman’s certificate is able to:
- Plan, execute and quality control stone processing, stonemasonry, restoration and renovation in consideration of the regulations, standards and traditions of the trade
- Handle the machines of the trade, including CNC machines
- Install stone slabs for kitchens, bathrooms, staircases in natural stone and facade cladding
- Apply laws and regulations regarding construction, including health and safety, including lifting equipment and lifting techniques
- Prepare drawings and written materials for the trade
- Perform the work with due consideration of the local and and global environment
- Communicate and cooperate on tasks and projects during all phases with customers, construction management and colleagues in this and other trades
- Have an understanding of the preparation of working drawings and the use of IT for planning and information purposes
Range of occupations accessible to the holder of the certificate
The qualified person will typically be employed in stonemasonries working with renovation and restoration of old buildings, as well as in stonemasonries carrying out work on tombstones and installation of stone slabs for kitchens, bathrooms, staircases in natural stone and facade cladding.
Duration and mode of education and training
The total duration of the education programme is 3 years and 6 months.
The Danish vocational education programmes are alternating programmes. This means the apprentice is alternately taught for a period at a school and for a period in an approved construction enterprise.
Level of certificate
The training programme is a vocational education programme which is placed in:
The Danish qualification framework for life-long learning at level: 4
European Qualification Framework (EQF) at level: 4
The education takes from 3 years and 11 months to 4 years and 5 months depending on the start date.
AP Graduate in Construction Technology, Bachelor of Architectural Technology and Construction, Constructor. If a person has completed a EUX as superstructure in connection with the apprenticeship, he or she has access to engineering and architectural educations. The person is also entitled to secondary supplementary courses necessary to gain access to other, specific higher education.